Username
Password

Hibbe's tracks

06-05-2014 11:59 PM Hibbe's tracks Post: #1
hibbe Offline
Member ***
Hi all. I have made my first map since the beginning of TMNF and I would like to hear all the constructive criticism you've got!

Here is what I tried to accomplish when I made this map.

Bugs and jumps
I wanted as few bugs as possible, while still keeping a feel of fun and speed. This means there are a few jumps (which i tried to make low-risk jumps) and some of them a quite big, but is shouldn't feel like a theme in the map. The first half has 5 jumps, but the rest will only have 1 (easy jump to goal). All jumps are possible to make if you respawn at last checkpoint, but you want to do good jumps (jump at the right angle) to make a good time.

Difficulty
I wanted to make a moderately difficult map. This means the map is possible to complete without being good, but it is not an easy map. There are also stretches where you need to keep your gear to make a good time. Already at the start, there will be a turn which should differentiate the great from the good drivers. And great drives should still be challenged by this map.

Road and dirt ratio
There will be a few transitions to road and 3 turns which uses road and 1 underground turn. But I wanted to at least have a portion of the map with pure dirt. At this stretch, there will be no jumps and no transitions. Just pure dirt, where the driver will be challenged by the line and keeping his gear. It is not an easy stretch, IMO. This should give the great dirt drivers an edge.

Comments
I wanted this map to be a map I would like to play myself in a match. A map with a decent difficulty, but a high ceiling for the top drivers. I hope i accomplished that, while still making the map fun with a good flow/feeling.

Please give all the criticism you can! And can someone help me with signs, GPS, overall look etc. Smile. Thanks for reading and trying out my map!

Map
http://speedy.sh/EKbq4/If-You-Only-Knew-Beta.Map.Gbx

06-09-2014 12:43 AM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #2
hibbe Offline
Member ***
Anybody who has tried it, who want to give some feedback?

06-09-2014 07:42 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #3
ruepel Offline
Administrator *******
i did a quick run, but tonight i will test it serious Wink

06-10-2014 10:59 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #4
ruepel Offline
Administrator *******
i personally dont like the tunnel part and the offroad part at the end, but the map is ok for hunting Wink

06-11-2014 07:29 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #5
hibbe Offline
Member ***
Do you feel like it's bad for matches? If yes, why?

06-13-2014 03:22 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #6
ruepel Offline
Administrator *******
the part 90° turn > jump to platform > tunnel turn > jump to offroad is hard for me to do it without a mistake Smile

06-14-2014 10:00 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #7
Chris Offline
Member ***
(06-13-2014 03:22 PM)ruepel Wrote:  the part 90° turn > jump to platform > tunnel turn > jump to offroad is hard for me to do it without a mistake Smile

+1 !
I rage quitted because of failing every single time last time I tried it Tongue!

07-12-2014 10:17 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #8
hibbe Offline
Member ***

07-13-2014 03:50 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #9
Awesome Offline
Member ***
The Tribute Map is very nice imo, the end is very tricky, but who am i Smile
Couldn't test the other one, don't know why... just didn't happen anything after i double clicked the file

07-13-2014 04:59 PM RE: Hibbe's tracks Post: #10
hibbe Offline
Member ***
Thanks Awe Smile. The end is very tricky and I wonder if it's too hard. Do you have any advise for these maps or my next maps Smile?

I just tried clicking on the link to Glasshouses, and it doesn't work me either. This one should work (click)

Do you mind trying this map too Smile? http://www.speedyshare.com/VdfdW/If-You-...ew.Map.Gbx
Do you also see my shadow when driving this map? If yes, how do I remove it?

Thread miscellaneous options
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Search Thread 

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)